Want to get away but don’t want to pay for a flight? Time for a road trip. Here are 5 great ideas for a Memorial Day Weekend getaway.
1) St. George: A longer drive for most Utahns, but definitely fun. It’s not too hot yet. There are great places to stay from hotels to camping and even more to do. Some of our favorites are the St. George Children’s Museum, Pioneer Park, St. George Temple and more.
2) Antelope Island: This is more unique but not far from Salt Lake City. If you want to get away here, you have to stay at the camp ground. Antelope Island is amazing because of the animals and views. Don’t forget to go hiking! The views are spectacular from the peak of the mountain (and you can drive a lot of the way up!) Don’t forget bathing suits either!
3) Park City: With plenty of hotels and condos to choose from, Park City is amazing. It is summer season, so don’t forget to hit the Alpine Slide or Olympic Park. Park City has great outlet malls and wonderful food. Make a day trip or stay in a hotel.
4) Logan: Go north and enjoy! Logan has a great temple, but we recommend Willow Park Zoo for inexpensive family fun. There is a great little park just outside the zoo too. We also love Rendezvous Walking Trail. It is private and fun.
5) Nebo Loop: The Nebo Loop can be an hour drive or it can be a complete weekend getaway. There are a lot of great hikes, pretty views, and more.
What other great weekend Memorial Day getaways in Utah do you love?