There are so many options for fun and free concerts in Utah this summer!
Weekly Concerts in Utah
Gallivan Center Concerts:
- Lunch Bunch Concerts: Gallivan Plaza provides live entertainment every weekday afternoon (excluding holidays) May thru September from Noon-1PM. Get out into the sunshine and enjoy your lunch while listening to the sounds of solo acoustic singers, songwriters and local bands. Musical selections include folk, acoustic, rock, jazz, pop, blues, and all variations in between.
- Big Band Dance Nights: Enjoy big band swing every Tuesday night, including free ballroom dancing lessons starting at 7:30pm from Ballroom Utah. A Big Band, founded in 2004 and under the artistic direction of Carol Steffens, is comprised of some of the finest musicians from across the Wasatch Front. This 19 member big band ‘s large repertoire of music includes swingin’ vocal tunes and big band favorites from Cole Porter to hard swinging Buddy Rich. The Wasatch Jazz Project Big Band also takes the big band tradition into the new millennium by playing contemporary compositions by some of today’s top American composers.
Murray Arts in the Park – Lunch Concert Series
Every Tuesday at Noon in Murray Park Pavilion #5
- June 10 -Ripe Tomatoes, Folk Comedy
- June 17- Acadamh Rince
- June 24 – Dr. Decibel and the Sound Prescription, Oldies
- July 1 – Top Brass
- July 8 – Young At Heart Line Dancers
- July 15 – Great Basin Street Band
- July 22 – Mixed Nuts, Big Band Hits From 40s-50s
- July 29 – Sing N Jive
- August 5 – Todo Mundo Band, Rumba, Reggae, Brazilian, Middle Eastern and Balkan styles
Snowbird Cool Air Concert Series
Every Saturday 6-9 pm! They will feature an opening act for the Cool Air Concert Series too. Lawn chairs and coolers welcome. The Forklift and Birdfeeder will be open, serving all of the event guests’ refreshment needs.
- June 21 Chatham County Line
- June 28 Jaden Carlson
- July 05 Cure for Common
- July 12 TBD
- July 19 Fox Street Allstars
- July 26 Fruition
- August 02 Gravy
- August 09 Joshua James
Magna Music in the Park
Weekly concerts starting June 13. Music starts at 8 pm with movies following at sundown. Great music and movies. Check out the bands
Lehi City Arts in the Park
Every Sunday night at 7 pm at Wines Park at 400 N Main.
- June 23rd Johnny and the Rebels
- June 30th Can’t Stop Rockin’
- July 7 Shane Lee Band
- July 14 Bittersweet Bluegrass
- July 20 Songwriters in the Round –
- July 28 That’s Entertainment
- August 4 Stone Deep
- August 11 Crescendo
- August 18 Joshua Creek
Free Monthly Concerts in Utah
- B98.7 Family Fun Days: Kids enjoy prizes, entertainment, face painters, inflatables, a train, and other cool stuff just for them. There are some fun booths & giveaways for parents too. The themed events are June 17, July 15, & August 12, from 11am-2pm. The train & some other activities may charge a very minimal fee, but event admission is FREE!
Utah Symphony and Opera:
- The June and July Concerts are patriotic and the August concert has a wide variety of musical selections. The locations vary each month but provide a more cultured but fun concerts in Utah. See their website for times and locations
Murray Family Night Series – Bring the Whole Family Young and Old!
The 2nd Monday of every month at 7 pm at the Murray Heritage Senior Center (10 East 6150 South – 2 block west of State)
- June 9 Red Desert Ramblers, Bluegrass
- July 14 Mississippi Mood, 10 Piece Swing Band
- August 11 The Ambassadors, 5 Piece Jazz Combo
- Sept 8 Time Cruisers, Oldies
Rooftop Concert Series
Now in its 5th year, the Provo Rooftop Concert Series showcases the finest bands in Utah. Free concerts May – October, on a rooftop, out under the stars. 100 W 100 N Provo. Some of the best line ups in Utah.
- JUNE 6 We Are The Strike – Van Lady Love – Cory Mon
- JULY 4 Summertime Blues: The Songs of Woodstock – Bat Manors
- AUGUST 1 Can’t Stop Won’t Stop – House of Lewis – Mimi Knowles
- SEPTEMBER 5 The Moth and the Flame – The Brocks – Coral Bones
- OCTOBER 3 Special 5-year Anniversary Rooftop Concert (with a special location) & Downtown Provo Fall Festival, including Fictionist – The Blue Aces
Free Concerts in June:
- June 26 at 8 pm – American West Symphony and Chorus at the Sandy Amphitheater at 1245 E 9400 S
Free Concerts in July:
- July 1 – Air National Guard: Band of the West – Start your holiday weekend off right. The band is made up of a variety of ensembles including jazz band, concert band, quartets and much more. Come listen as they perform all your favorites classics, patriotic tunes, pops, Broadway and movie themes. At the Draper Amphitheater!
Free Concerts in August:
- August 20 at 8 pm – The Commanders Air Force Band – at the Sandy Amphitheater at 1245 E 9400 S
- August 19 at 7:00pm – The Commanders of the US Air Force Band of the Golden West – at Scera 699 South State Street, Orem
- August 24 at 7 pm – Nashville Tribute Band – at Scera 699 South State Street, Orem
Please comment below and tell me if there are any other free concerts in Utah. We want to get the word out and enjoy the local music!