Finding good hikes in Utah shouldn’t be difficult! We have so many great places to hike and enjoy.
Hikes in Utah that We Love:
Family Friendly Hikes in Utah:
- 5 Hikes along Wasatch Front
- 5 Hikes near Cedar City
- 6 Family Friendly Hikes to Waterfalls
- 17 Family Friendly Hikes in Utah County
- 6 Most Adventurous Family Friendly Trails in Utah
Other Fabulous Hikes in Utah:
- Fernwood-Adams Family Trail: 2 mile hike east of Layton
- Mueller Park Trail: 3 hour moderate hike with switchbacks and shade.
- Kays Creek Trailhead to Hobbs Pond: Paved path – couple of miles – to fun pond.
Salt Lake County
- Mount Van Cott: 1.7 mile (one way) easy to moderate hike that takes 2 hours or less with incredible views of Salt Lake Valley.
- Thousand Oaks Hike: 2.93 mile (one way) moderate hike with steep inclines and incredible views.
- Deseret Peak: 4 mile (one way) easy to moderate hike amid wildlife and beauty.
- Mount Olympus: One of Salt Lake’s most popular hikes
- The Living Room: Moderate 4 mile hike
- Wheatgrass Canyon: Moderate 2 mile hike by the river
- Willow Heights in Big Cottonwood Canyon: Short but steep 1.5 mile hike to small lake
- Brighton Lakes in Big Cottonwood Canyon: 4 mile round trip to several lakes
- Bear Trap Fork in Big Cottonwood Canyon: Difficult 4 hour hike
- Lisa Falls: Short (.5 mile round trip) steep but manageable in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Y Mountain Hike: 1.13 mile (one way) moderate to difficult hike with steep incline that takes 2 hours or less with incredible views of Utah Valley.
- Forest Lake Hike: Easy 3.8 mile hike (one way) in American Fork Canyon.
- Coal Creek Canyon Trail: Paved trail with lots of entrance points for varying lengths
- Wire Pass and Buckskin Gulch: Slot canyon. Difficult hike with true drops.
- Logan Peak: Difficult 13 mile (one way) hike with beautiful 180 degree views of Idaho, Wyoming and Utah.
- White Pine Lake Hike: Moderate 7 mile (round trip) hike to a lake with bridges and towering mounts.
- Wind Cave: moderate but steep hike to see arches
Grand County (Moab)
- Boren Mesa Trail: Easy 5.6 (round trip) hike to Oowah Lake
- Devil’s Garden Loop: Moderate
- Delicate Arch: Strenuous but fabulous!
- Island Lake: Moderate 6 mile hike to Island Lake.
Park City/Heber Area
- 8 Family Friendly Trails
Zion National Park
- Angel’s Landing: A difficult 5.4 mile hike on many bucket lists
- Emerald Pools: One of the most famous hikes in Zions – for good reason. Moderate 2 hour hike.
St George/Washington County Hikes
- Brooks Nature Park: Easy 2 hour hike with views.
- Lower Calf Creek Falls: 6 mile round trip, well-marked, and relatively flat, partially shaded trail.
Please comment or contact me if you have other great hikes in Utah that you would like to share!
And if you want to check out a great book on camping, this one is awesome.
Also check out our 9 Hiking Safety Tips to stay safe while hiking in Utah!