Wheeler Farm is a wonderful fully functioning 75-acre farm in Salt Lake County that provides a fun, friendly and inexpensive way to see animals up close.There is no fee to wander the grounds and explore the woods. However, there is a charge for activities Fees: Wagon Rides (ages 2 and up, weather Permitting) – $2.00 Historic Farm House Tours (Adult) – $4.00 Historic Farm House Tours (age 3-12) – $2.00 Cow Milking (spectator and participant) – $1.00 Cow Milking (Cub Scout patch) – $.50
Summer Camp (1/2 day) – $65.0
Where is Wheeler Farm?
6351 South 900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84121
- From I-15: connect to the I-215 East Bound. Exit 9 off of I-215.
- Head North to the light.
- Turn West on Winchester (6600 S),
- Turn right on 900 East (heading North again).
Wheeler Historic Farm is located inside South Cottonwood Regional Park, just one block north on 900 East.
Insider Tips to Wheeler Farm
- Spring is a great time to see baby animals.
- Summer is the best time to bird watch at Wheeler Farm
- Cow milking is at 5 pm but you need to be early to get tickets!
Things to Do at Wheeler Farm
There are SO many fun things to do:
- Wagon Rides (seasonal),
- See the animals (there are a lot of animals)
- Play on the playground
- Tour the historic house
- See antique farming equipment
- Play by the lake
- Bird watch
- Go for a walk or bike ride on the trails
- Visit the refurbished Rosbud Country Store (seasonal)
- Milk a cow (so cool)
- Farmers Market (seasonal)
- Visit with the black smith
Things I Learned at Wheeler Farm
- There are different kinds of milk depending of the type of cow. Brown cows create a more creamy milk, which is better for butter making. Holstein cows produce the milk we usually drink.
- Goats eyes are rectangle in shape so they can see all around their head.
- Pig are actually one of the cleaner animals. They play in a separate area than they food. They also prefer a separate place to sleep and eat, which is different from their bathroom area too.
For more information, you can always visit Wheeler Farm’s website.