Antelope Island is a one of a kind place. The island 28,000 acres. It is 15 miles long and 5 miles wide. It provides a unique outing and so many activities!
What is there to do at Antelope Island?
There are so many fun things to do at Antelope Island!!!
- SWIM AT THE BEACHES: Once of the favorite beaches is Bridger Beach. Bring your bathing suit, beach stuff and have some fun. There are a lot of brine shrimp flies but they don’t bite or bug you. But the brine shrimp flies are everywhere.
- SEE THE WILD LIFE: Twelve animals were brought to the island in 1897 and were the foundation for today’s herd of over 600 buffalo that roam Antelope Island. Antelope Island is also home to mule deer, bighorn sheep, pronghorn antelope, and many other desert animals. Millions of birds congregate along the shores surrounding the island, offering unparalleled opportunities for bird watching.
- GO CAMPING:Bridger Bay Campground is $15 for the first night, $12 each additional night and includes entrance fee to the park. (The fee covers one vehicle. $13 fee for an additional vehicle.) It’s a great campsite and the maximum site capacity is eight people and two vehicles.White Rock Bay Campground is $30 for the first night, $24 each additional night and includes park entrance fee. (Fee covers two vehicles. $13 fee for additional vehicles.) The maximum site capacity is sixteen people and four vehicles.Reservations are recommended and can be made at antelopeisland.utah.gov or by calling (801) 322-3770.
- CHECK OUT THE VISITOR CENTER: The visitor center shows the history of the island, ecology and education of the animals. It is smaller but great. There is also a gift shop in the visitor’s center.
- EAT: There is a restaurant there called Island Buffalo Grill where you can get a buffalo burger or just chicken and french fries. The Island Buffalo Grill is at Bridger Bay.
- VISIT THE RANCH: Fielding Garr Ranch include self-guided tours, exhibits, and restrooms. It is on the south end of the island and is a great museum!
- HIKE, MOUNTAIN BIKE, OR RIDE HORSES: There are a lot of great trails for a lot of fun. The best views is Frary Peak Trail which takes you to the highest point on the island (elevation 6596 feet), but the other trails are great too!
- CHECK OUT THE VIEWS:
- BOATING: The Antelope Island Marina is a great place to launch into the Great Salt Lake to enjoy a day on the water!
How to get to Antelope Island?
It is actually pretty easy to get to Antelope Island. From I-15, take exit #332 (Antelope Drive exit) and head west seven miles to the park entrance station. The only entrance to the park is the causeway on the northern end of the island. The address is 4528 W. 1700 S. Syracuse, 84075
How Much Does Antelope Island Cost?
Entrance fee: $10 per vehicle up to 8 people
Senior entrance fee (Utah residents over 62 years of age): $5 per vehicle up to 8 people
Bicycles and Pedestrians: $3 per person
Commercial Groups (over 8 people per vehicle): $3 per person and $5 per bus
Educational Groups: $1 per person with prior reservation
What are the Hours?
Park hours are 6:00 am – 10:00 pm
What Should I Know Before Going to Antelope Island?
- Bring sandals or shoes. If the water is low, you do have to walk a ways on the beach to get to the water, but the salty sand isn’t soft on the feet. Sandals or shoes are a must!
- The views are gorgeous and the sunsets are amazing!
- You can spend an hour there or several days! Decide how much time you want to spend and go have fun!
- This is the BEST place to skip rocks. There are so many flat rocks which makes it easy to learn too!
- This is a MUST SEE – definitely unique to Utah!