Yes, Utah is a desert but we do have some beaches!!! And even though Blackridge Reservoir – also nicknamed Herriman Lake or Herriman Reservoir is man-made – it is awesome!!!
What can you do at Herriman Lake – Herriman Reservoir – Blackridge Reservoir?
There are so many fun things to do at Herriman Lake!!!
Swimming, playing in the sand and regular beach stuff!
Picnic – bring a lunch and enjoy under the pavilions or in the sand!
Boating is great here – but it should be a smaller boat, kayak, paddle boat, paddle board, etc. There is also a small boat ramp on the east side of the beach.
There is a playground for kids! The playground is big and fun and can be easily seen from the west part of the beach.
Where is Herriman Reservoir?
Located at 150000 S Ashland Ridge, Herriman Lake is hidden in a neighborhood off Rosecrest Road and West of Mountain View Corridor.
What to bring to Blackridge Reservoir:
- Beach towels
- Beach toys – buckets, shovels, volleyball, etc.
- Flip flops or water shoes
What do I need to know before going to Herriman Lake?
- The sand is coarse. It is fun, but it isn’t La Jolla Beach sand. Bring sandals or water shoes for protection.
- Hours are 7:30 am – 9 pm (double-check with city just in case they change the hours) They do lock the gates. The lake is open seasonally – roughly April 15-October 15.
- There is working bathrooms
- The lake is popular! And will just get more and more popular.
- There is no lifeguard on duty – have fun but BE CAREFUL!
- There is a concession stand. So if you want to buy a snack, you can!
- There is not a lot of grass – so soccer or frisbee could be more difficult.
Herriman Lake was wonderful! It was breezy when we went but completely fun. We are going there more this year! Comment and tell us what you love about it? Or if you have any questions about it!