Utah is home to one of the best major league soccer teams – Real Salt Lake! Even if you are not a soccer fan, you have to attend at least one Real Salt Lake game just for the experience!
Tips for first timers – or for die hard Real Salt Lake fans!
- Bring some cash for parking. There are a lot of small businesses around the stadium that allow parking for a fee. Some are $5 and others are $10 but they all only accept cash. Some are really close to the stadium!
- When picking your seats take a couple things into account.
- There is only one scoreboard/video screen on the north side of the stadium. If you want to see it without turning around, choose your seats accordingly.
- There really isn’t a bad seat in the entire stadium.
- The band plays a lot – the drummer continually. They sit on the north side of the stadium. If you want to be by them or not by them, choose accordingly!
- Unlike baseball, when a soccer ball is kicked into the stands, the fan who catches it throws it back down to the edge of the field.
Best Parts of the Real Salt Lake Game
Learn the chant! Everyone sings it (kick off, rally and after a score!) and the words are also on the big screen but it is FUN.
Here are the words:
IF YOU BELIEVE THEN JUST STAND UP ON YOUR FEET
AND SHOUT IT LOUD “REAL!”
HERE AT THE RIOT THE BATTLE HYMN’S BEGUN.
WE’RE HERE FOR RSL!
When RSL scores, the stadium goes wild. It is unreal and spectacular at the same time. The noise is great but confetti is everywhere (often from fans) and the chant is sung! It is awesome!!!
Real Salt Lake Videos
Where does Real Salt Lake Play?
Real Salt Lake plays in the Rio Tinto Stadium at 9256 S State Street Sandy UT
It’s a pretty neat stadium.
The east side of the stadium has binoculars for a better view of the valley. The panoramic pictures always distort it a little, but the view is amazing!
Where Do I Buy Real Salt Lake Tickets?
The best place to buy tickets is online. They have a great flash tickets process set up which puts the ticket right on your phone. So slick and easy!
What is your favorite part of Real Salt Lake soccer games? Who is your favorite player? Comment and tell us!